Skip to main content

A Travel Memoir


Ever Yours,

This will be a memoir of my visit to my favorite place in the world. I won’t make it a schmaltzy, nostalgia-struck narrative; I want this to be both a fond memory and a useful guide.



Picture taken when I was taking the Cahill walk - Amazing view from up there!!!


Sydney is not just a city; it is a lot of things.  
I am in love with a city; vivid and happening, full of life, dreams, lush green landscapes, koalas, kangaroos and of course the Opera house!!!


Picture taken at Feather dale National park
                                             

When I first landed there I was literally broke and I barely knew a soul. But the city taught me to think, learn, explore and live. Sydney is not just a city; it is a lot of things. The most beautiful thing about this place is that it you can be as independent as a bird. The culture is absolutely contagious. You’d be wondering what would be the culture of a city that is as diverse as this one?!  Well, haven’t you heard of the 3B’s???


Koala posing at Feather dale National park




Beer, Beaches and Barbeque!!!

When the clock strikes 5, you can find a good percentage of the city people hanging out and having beer. The spirit is inimitable!!! You can’t find it elsewhere.
It is a pleasure going to the beaches in Sydney, Bondi and Manly are absolutely amazing. You could see hundreds of people, their bodies smeared with Zinc oxide swarming the Bondi beach even when the temperature is a soaring 48 degree C.  I love it!!!
If Australia is not declared as the barbeque nation yet, I would appeal the concerned to do so. Well, as the sun crawls down, Sydney prepares for a smoky extravaganza. This happens mostly on Thursdays and Saturdays, which is why I love both days. On the darker side, this is one reason why I hate to be a vegetarian. I tried barbequed eggplants and zucchinis though…

 ************************************************************
Tips for those who are travelling to Australia:


  • Bring some Australian Currency along to avoid any trouble. Also have your credit, debit cards loaded. My forex card was not activated which landed me in big trouble
  • Be an Australian when you are ‘down under’, wear your sunscreen. Summers can get pretty steamy there, especially in Sydney
  • Pack smart. Don’t carry a lot of eatables and even if you do, remember to mention it in the Australian Customs and Quarantine form in the airport
  • Visit this website gumtree.com.au – it was extremely helpful for me to find a place to stay in a reasonably good Suburb
  •  Join the Australian community pages in Facebook and other social networking sites
  • Read about the suburbs and choose one before landing in Australia, it will spare you the headache

************************************************************

In my next post, I will share my experience of how I landed in Australia with only a few bucks and made it to the Sydney CBD!!!
P.S: All the pictures which I post in this series will be the ones taken only by me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up and Me (Not Me)

They say people who don't know to dance have two left feet. Although, I might have two left feet myself, what is more interesting is I might actually have two left hands. Okay, I understand that's funny but here is why: If you are a girl or a boy or a boy who looks like a girl, you would probably know that it is a thing now to have a makeup blog or vlog or youtube channel in your name. I bumped into this world of cosmetics, beauty blogs and tutorials only a few months ago. For those who don't know about it, let me tell you, it is a crazy, ruthless and unbelievable world. Picture sourced from Google Heard of these? Snail slime masks, Placenta hair masks, Seaweed bathing creams, Microblading.... and endless other such insane stuff. These are insane but quite popular among beauty enthusiasts and they even swear by the benefits of such products. These are otherwise cringe-worthy products in my world. I use gramflour+tumeric face mask, Coconut oil hair mask and  a

Ever Yours, Vincent.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would be obsessed with a late, delusional psycho who was also an exceptional artist and a noteworthy character with a peculiar interest for romance. My affair started around 8 years back; a time when I had started writing and blogging for the first time. I visited this pop-up museum of contemporary art which showcased Vincent Van Gogh’s choicest documentaries. Many of his famous paintings were also on display. That was the day I fell in love, with his art, with the way he loved, with the way he expressed himself before he fell into life’s inevitable trap. The beautiful yellowish hues that dominated his paintings, the sunflowers, the potato eaters and the starry night which comes alive in my dreams every night. Those letters he wrote his brother Theo with care, love and a pinch of attitude. That unconditional brotherly love, that aimless love he showed his friend and mentor Gauguin, that love he showed the random women he saw and paint

Pro Bono

Team Writers' Den Previous Chapter -   Res ipsa loquitur Want to read the story so far? - Game Of Blogs - Writers' Den He could see her directly ahead through the shimmering blue glass window of Cafe Hafooda in Saket. The afternoon sun streamed along from the western side, casting long shadows across the table. Cyrus glanced up at Jennifer and then down at his mobile.  JJ liked Cyrus but she had a lot of questions in her mind. What was he doing? Secretly texting someone? Investigating without her help? Trying to solve something before someone else is on it? She was on this case with him. She wanted to do this for herself and for that little child and may be something more than she could comprehend. Whatever was his rationale, JJ decided to confront him. She spun herself around, sat down and found herself face-to-face with Cyrus. There was a sparkle in JJ’s eyes and Cyrus’s were menacing with thirst. Her tattoo seized Cyrus’s attention most. He was transfi